Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Haunting

It's that time of year again. Ghosts, goblins, gouls, witches, and ugly scary creatures gather together to beg for food. No, I'm not talking about my family Thanksgivings of the past. It's Halloween!

This is probably my least favorite holiday of the year. In fact I'd pretty much take Columbus Day over this one. Even as a child I was never a big fan of it. Most of the candy I got would end up going to my sister anyway. Candy was never my bag. Like my father, I always wanted Chips, popcorn, or some kind of snack mix. Something with salt! Salt and a bottle of Pepsi. That's all I needed.

And don't get me started on the whole pumpkin carving thing! Slaughtering a vegtable is one thing, but ripping its guts out... Blecchhhh! Even the smell of it turns me off. Laverne isn't a fan of it either, but she stomachs it better than I do. Carving pumpkins is one of those events our children are lucky they have four parents, because Shirley and Chandler really get into it.

Nope, my holiday is just under a month from now. Bring on the turkey, dressing, taters, and cranberrys. It's almost time to stuff ourselves silly folks! Until then, have a safe and happy Halloween.

"I got a rock!"

No comments:

Post a Comment