Sunday, August 9, 2009

Good Morning Star Shine

On the weekends I tend to stay up rather late; actually to the early hours of the morning. I've always been a night owl and it's usually when I do most of my writing. Since most of the time it's just Chandler and I on the weekends it's easy to sleep in. However when we have the children with us, it makes sleeping in near impossible. And I love it!

This morning I woke up to the sounds of Angel and Spike running through the house pretending to be different superheroes as they fought with their plastic swords, shouting out different hero names (depending on who they thought could defeat whom at that moment). It was a beautiful sound that was intermixed with Chandler's soft laughter at the boys as some pretty witty comments came out of the mouths of both our children.

Now in about half an hour I'm going to have to wake up Buffy from her slumber. She and I stayed up late and watched The Untouchables last night. I love sharing my late nights with both my girls and eventually the boys when they get older. It's our special time and a chance to show them some of the movies that the boys are not yet old enough to watch. And like me, both of them are night owls as well.

The difference? Teenagers are not so easy to wake up! In fact I asked everyone else in the house if they wanted to do the honors. I've never seen a room clear out so fast in my life!

But you know what? I'd take the joy of this beautiful noise over a quite home, anyday! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment